Friday, October 9, 2009

Metallica...not!

OK...so I know you're thinking...what's up with the title of this blog...Metallica...not? My point exactly! I knew it was time for a new blog when this Chicago burbs toll booth operator (35-40 years old), at about 3 this morning asks...do you have a band in there? I responded hesitantly...yes! He then asks if it is Metallica and goes on to explain how Metallica is his favorite band and he was hoping that I chose his isle because it was them! Go figure! Anyway, I went on a rant about how good Fireflight is and how he should come check out the show tonight! He got interested, but only when I told him Fireflight's lead singer is a female! lol

Now I know it's been a long time since my last update...but you have no idea what the last 7 days have been like for a gray bearded rock 'n' roll roadie like me! So here goes my attempt to give you that idea!

We started the HOPE Tour last Friday...which includes 25 cities during October alone! We left Nashville on September 30th and traveled to our first venue of the tour, a Baptist Church in Brookland, Arkansas! On October 1st, Fireflight conducted a Production Rehearsal(Fireflight's Label has provided them with a magnificent light show for this tour, including video panels, etc.), and totally blew it up (that means rocked the house) the next night! It was another surreal moment for me..watching what God has done with 5 gifted and committed young people! I still get goose bumps and shed a tear or two when I stop myself and realize what I am actually a part of!

One of the key words that is to be used from the stage for this tour is obviously HOPE...but another one is RESCUE! Dawn (Fireflight's lead singer), reads from God's Word every show! So...I'm doing my Devo the day before the tour begins and what treasure do I discover in Psalm 107?...I discover..."He sent forth His Word and healed them; He rescued them from the grave." I think this is exactly why Colossians 2:1-4 is most likely my favorite passage! In that passage, Paul explains that the treasures of wisdom and knowledge are hidden in Christ! And remember in John 1:1 Christ is referred to as "The Word!" :)) So...my final comment about my favorite passage...I can't remember it's original source...but someone made the statement that those treasures of wisdom and knowledge are not hidden FROM US but FOR US! Now that ROCKS!

Anyway...we traveled from Brookland, Arkansas to Washington, IN to Canton, Ohio to Erie, PA to Cadillac, MI to Greenville, IL to Clermont, IN over the past 8 days and are in Naperville, IL tonight! The travel included passing very close to the Browns, Colts, and Titans Stadiums which of course are huge! :)) I have various stories relating to our travels thus far but for he sake of time I'll only share one for now and maybe come back to the others later...

So, I'm driving listening to some old school...Newsboys...off the Step Up To The Microphone record (probably their best record, well worth purchasing if you don't have it), which brings back memories from another road trip with my family! I'm driving I-77 from Washington, IN to Canton, OH and I'm well into Ohio's mountainous hills when I start to observe the beautiful fall colors mixed in with super green pastures spotted with cows and sheep...it was picturesque to say the least!(I know...that was a long sentence!) If you ever get a chance...it is a beautiful piece of God's creation to experience! I was in awe! I suppose it pays to be a kid at heart...at least a large percentage of the time we have!

So, that's it for now...other than to let those of you who read this know...I am beginning to experience times when I really miss you and my family! :(( Please know that I continue to pray for you and love you! I would also ask you to please continue to pray for us as we travel and Rock the Nation for King Aslan!

4 Comments:

Blogger Michelle said...

Thanks for sharing a glimpse of life on the road. I am praying for you and the band and enjoy following your travels through Fireflight's tweets! Rock on Les, rock on!

October 11, 2009 at 1:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yo! Les!!!! Man nice to see your posts. I keep hearing and reading about these beautiful landscapes....Can you take pictures and post them? We are looking for new pictures for our EasyWorship. It would be nice to have some of yours up there. Know that we do miss you and pray for your safety and the bands. Just keep on posting! Live Love Man!--Cameron

October 11, 2009 at 6:38 PM  
Blogger melmac said...

So great to "travel" with you Les. I love you much, miss you bunches (although I'd miss you even if you were at home because I'm still far away, and I'm praying for you. May you be blessed this day by your Creator!
melmac

October 15, 2009 at 12:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love YOU! BTW Metallica is pretty awesome or at least they used to be, sorry had to be said (teehee). But I do love to sing with FF and Justin like to do his homeschool math to "Hunger". I love it, math, rock and worship all at the same time.

October 21, 2009 at 9:49 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home